More than a month ago Canon announced a major firmware update for the Canon EOS 7D camera, and finally today it is available for download and install. The new firmware version 2.0.0 features:
- Improved maximum burst for RAW images (up to 25)
- In-camera RAW image editing
- In-camera Image Rating
- In-camera JPEG resizing
- Maximum Auto ISO setting (ISO 400-6400)
- Manual audio level adjustment in movie recording
- GPS compatibility
- File name customization
- Time zone settings
- Faster scrolling of magnified images
- Quick control screen during playback
You can find the update at Canon sites, including Canon Europe and Canon USA. Canon USA also has a page with more information about firmware 2.0.x.
PS. I still consider this site to be pretty much "on hold", but thought I would keep it up-to-date with at least the most important/essential news directly related to the Canon EOS 7D.