A few days before Canon EOS 7D is expected to start shipping, Canon has now released an updated version of their latest RAW processing software with full support for 7DII RAW files. DPP4.x requires a 64 bit version of Windows or Mac OS. If you are on a 32 bit system, go for DPP3.x.
Originally the Canon EOS 7D II was scheduled for release late November, however several stores has updated their expected shipping date to October 30th. And rumors says that this is a worldwide release date now...
Canon recently updated their camera software Digital Photo Professional, EOS Utility, Picture Style Editor, ZoomBrowser and ImageBrowser.
Changes with Digital Photo Professional 3.9.2
- Added camera Support: EOS 60D,PowerShot G12,PowerShot S95,PowerShot G9 support now added.
- Unsharp Mask function added.
- Improved Image classification functions (check-mark function expanded and new rating function added.)
- Changes made to the screen layout accompanied by an improvement in the image classification function.
- EF70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM supported added in lens aberration correction.
- Lens aberration correction function adds support for Extender EF1.4 x III and Extender EF2 x III when mounted on a supported lens.
Download Canon software for your camera at http://software.canon-europe.com/.
Adobe has also released updates to their RAW-software, though so far only as release candidates of Adobe Camera Raw 6.3 and Adobe Lightroom 3.3. Adobe release candidates can be downloaded from Adobe Labs and besides bugfixes changes includes support for Powershot S95 and G12 and a number of added or updated lens profiles. More details can be found on the Lightroom Journal.
Three previously annonced lenses from Canon has been delayed. The EF 300mm and 400mm F2.8L IS II lenses was originally scheduled to be released in December, and the EF 8-15mm F4L USM fisheye zoom in January. But they are now all delayed until March due to some adjustments in the manufacturing process.